Tuesday 3 October 2017

Crab n Dumpling





Last weekend I went back home and didn't have to tell 'mummy' what I wanted to eat before returning to Trinidad

She immediately prepared her signature " Crab n Dumplings " one of my childhood favourites

As a born Tobagonian I am very reluctant to have any and everybody prepare such dishes for me 

Maybe its the old stories of "left hand dumplings" and similar folklore that has engraved such practices in the typical Tobagonian, but we are very careful in what we eat from "outside' 

Notwithstanding this I have included a  video showing famous Tobago Chef Debra Sardina- Metivier preparing this dish ( mummy's version tastes better)





Tobago crab n dumpling




No comments:

Post a Comment

Flying Fish

Fried Flying Fish Confession..Flying fish is my favorite fish.... Maybe its because our family has a plant that processes it  B...